Friday, November 22, 2013

THEE Dress




What is one of the first things that come to mind when you think of a wedding?? THE DRESS!! I have been dreaming of THEE most important dress of my life for as long I can remember. I am an avid "Four Weddings" and "Say Yes To The Dress" viewer so I have been is such anticipation of the day I would try on my first wedding dress! Well on Saturday, the 9th, that day finally came!! I wanted to keep my entourage as small as possible so that I wouldn't be overwhelmed with opinions, so I invited my mom, grandma, Matron of Honor, future sister-in-laws and future mother-in-law and was so happy to have each of them there! Side note (thank you SO MUCH to my amazing Matron of Honor for sticking it out our whole day of shopping even though you were sick as could be! You were such a trooper and I was so thankful to have you with me that day:)

Well of course I wish I could post lots of pictures for you of everything I tried on..but that would of course ruin the surprise! But to give you a feel of our day, we started out at David's Bridal where to be honest, I didn't think I would like much...I was wrong. There were two gowns that were close to what I was looking for but each had something missing, something that didn't make me feel like the bride I have always envisioned. After half a dozen dresses I left with only a business card. After lunch in downtown Campbell we headed to Trudy's. After my consultant took me through their entire store and we searched through each rack, I didn't see anything like the pictures I had brought and I felt a bit discouraged but was open to trying on what she had pulled. I walked out in the first dress with a grimace look on my face..... two words: Big Bird. This is when my mom stepped in as she could tell I was feeling slightly overwhelmed. Two dresses later I walked out with a huge smile on my face. I stepped in front of the mirror and with shocked at how much I LOVED the dress I was in. It was not at all what I expected to fall in love with. It had all the features I was looking for, and that the dresses at the first store had, but this one made me feel like a bride

I said yes to the dress but my mom offered me a very wise piece of advice to sit and wait on it a week before purchasing the dress. Im so glad she did because for the next week all I did was stress over if I was sure this was the one. I booked 2 other appointments for the following saturday and went with only mom my and matron of honor to try on some more dresses so that I would 100% confident in my decision. I tried on a dozen different dresses. Some ranging from really similar to the one I had chosen and some extremely different. I was not sold on any of them... there was a dress that I just couldn't stop thinking about. This store just so happened to carry the dress I had selected a week earlier. As soon as I slid into the dress, I no longer had any doubts....this was my dress

I am so excited to have the dress I will marry my best friend in and honestly, although stressful, this process was so fun! Thank you so all my lovely ladies who joined me on my outings and I cannot wait to post pictures after our big day, so you can all see this amazing dress I am in LOVE with :)

No comments:

Post a Comment