Sunday, November 3, 2013

We are ENGAGED!





Well before we get into wedding posts, we better start at the beginning…..

Justin and I attended Church together for years and went to the same high school (he was a senior while I was a freshman) but our paths never crossed until October of 2011 while helping his brother and sister-in-law move into an apartment in Gilroy. I was 18 and he was 21. I never planned on meeting the man I would spend the rest of my life with while wearing grubby paint clothes and a crazy ponytail. We only exchanged “hi’s” and “nice to meet you’s” that evening but by the time I drove home I had a FB friend request from the cutie I just met (so of course the first thing I did was make a giddy phone call to my best friend to tell her the news :) It only took a few messages until I gave him my number and the very next week we were out for the first time alone. For the next 5 months we went on outings to movies, dinner, church, and of course we spent every Monday watching the Bachelor together. Our first date was on Valentines Day and Justin asked me to be his girlfriend under the Disneyland fireworks on March 16th 2012. Dating and falling in love with Justin has honestly been the most amazing time of my life. He is my absolute best friend that I couldn’t be more in love with.

On October 16th 2013, I arrived home to meet Justin for a late night picnic in my backyard. Justin led me outside to find candles hanging from the trees and a path of candles surrounding our picnic under the night sky. After eating and talking for a while, Justin handed me a small white gift bag and said he had another gift for me but I needed to stand up for this one. I pulled a black box from the bag as I stood. He took the box from my hands and got down on one knee and said “Victoria, I want to spend the rest of my life with you, will you marry me?” and of course my answer was YES! I couldn’t be MORE excited to spend the rest of my life with my best friend and to be Mrs. Stefani!

We are getting married on August 16th 2014 in my backyard. Our ceremony with be taking place in the same place that Justin told me he loved me for the first time and where he asked me to marry him. I will be posting updates on our engagement and wedding over the next 9 and ½ months and couldn’t be more excited :)

No comments:

Post a Comment